- Assessing your co-workers’ emotional cues and responding to their emotional states are important to improve your professional relationships.
- The way people convey their emotions can depend on their cultural background.
- Being adaptable and flexible in your interactions with others involves observing their communication styles and using humour.
- People’s emotions can affect decision-making.
- Conflicts and disagreements are inevitable but can be resolved in a healthy manner.
- Showing expressions of emotion, even negative ones, is natural and should not be invalidated.
- Areas of improvement can be identified by asking for feedback from key stakeholders.