- The three key skills of emotional intelligence are emotional awareness, harnessing emotions and managing emotions.
- The four principles of emotional intelligence in the workplace are self-awareness, self-management, social awareness and relationship management.
- Evaluation criteria for measuring emotional intelligence can vary in format but should be specific to your job role, workplace or industry.
- Acknowledging and understanding the causes of emotional stressors in the workplace is the first step to solving them.
- Documenting your emotions can help you trace their actual causes.
- Using feedback from others can help you improve your methods of dealing with emotional stressors.